Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Beach day!

A few days ago, we spent the afternoon at the beach. The sun was out and the dogs needed to run into the waves!



Reed and North dug a hole.


I tried to build a series of sand castles, but North squished my buildings as quick as I could pack the sand in the bucket!



Did I mention that the hole Reed dug was BIG? North loved being down in the sand. The hole went down to the water line, so North had a great time scooping and splashing in the puddle at the bottom. When he bent down, he completely disappeared from view.
When we decided it was time to go, we had to do something about the sandy child. I stripped him off and walked into the waves for a little saltwater rinse. The wind had picked up so I thought North would be upset, but he only whimpered once (we had a sun-warmed towel to wrap around him once we were out of the water). Reed and I were very impressed! The ocean water temp is still very cool. I think North will have not a problem diving with Reed as he gets older. Me on the other hand, no way! That ocean water is freezing even with a wetsuit!