Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July and a Carriage ride

My mom has arrived.

Saturday we went to the Plaza for the farmers market/craft fair.



We saw jugglers and hula-hoops. North snuck over and grabbed a hula-hoop. He wouldn't jump over the hoop, instead he would hold his hands up and dive through while landing on his belly.


The fire department was out in full force. North was impressed with the big water hose.



We rode on a 1920 fire truck. North and I rode in the front where it was very windy and we didn't have seat belts. It made me very nervous, but somehow we both survived.


Later on that evening, we lit fireworks at our house. Reed picked out the low noise, less scary ones as we didn't want to scar North for life on his first 4th!

As it was, we didn't have to worry!

Monday we drove into Eureka. Earlier in the month, I had read in the local paper of a man who would take tourists around Old Town with a horse and carriage. I thought that Mom and North could do this while I got a pedicure.
North was very impressed with horse. During the ride he stared at the horse while the driver told Mom lots of local history. North loved giving the horse a carrot after the ride.