Tuesday, October 28, 2008

1. 085 birthday celebration

...otherwise known as a 1 year, 1 month birthday party for North!
Thanks go to Josh (my sister's husband) for the great photos.

This weekend Reed and I invited our families to our home to celebrate North turning one. Reed was away on North's actual birthday, so we planned this event for our families.

On Friday, my mom, dad, sister, and brother in law, Reed's brother and his girlfriend arrived. We all headed off to the beach.


Saturday morning Reed's mother and uncle joined us and we all went to the Farmers Market, then to the redwood forest for a short hike.


Reed's dad and stepmother were at our house when we got back from our hike. We all relaxed around the yard as it was hot! Some people took naps, others went for a walk around the neighborhood.

(my dad built a box with many locks and doors as a gift to North)

Later that evening, we headed over to Bless My Soul Cafe for some birthday Cajun food. North loves rice and beans and he really likes Cajun music. Reed and I would eat at this place every week if we could. I think everybody enjoyed themselves around a big table and certainly had enough to eat, the plates just kept coming! The food served there is amazing. So many wonderful flavors and spices.


North was not really into eating that night; he visited with some of the family and played on the floor. I knew that the large group would be overstimulating for him, so I had asked the owner to have dessert ready for us to take home.

...and so we took the party back to our house.


Have you ever eaten bread pudding? Mama Janisse (the owner of the cafe) cooked up a great tray of this amazing dessert. We ate it warm with ice cream served right over the top.

We sent everybody back to their respective homes after breakfast Sunday morning. Reed, North and I are so thankful to everyone who came up to visit us and celebrate North's birthday. I know North enjoyed everybodys' love and attention. He certainly was a big ham when he had a room full of people watching him!

(Where has my baby gone? I now have a little boy to love!)