Tuesday, October 28, 2008

my child is gifted already....

First....

Last night North and I were reading some books before going to bed. As we were reading "Goodnight Moon" we turned to the page that says, "Goodnight stars.." First North looks at the page and then he points up to the ceiling of his room and says "Dat!" He was pointing to the stars on the ceiling of a room that he doesn't even sleep in! This was one of his first mental associations between two different objects.

Then...

North and I were nursing on the big chair in the living room this afternoon. I was singing the ABC song as well as a few other songs. After he was done, North scooted off my lap and walked into the kitchen. He stopped in front of the refrigerator and began playing with the Leapfrog ABC (it "sings" the ABC song). It appears that he formed a mental picture of those letters after hearing my song. My child is brilliant! =)