Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Lists, lists, lists

The best place for creative list making is in the nursing chair up in the boys sleeping room. The room is dark and quiet. Good hormones flow out of my body as Sky nurses himself to sleep. My mind works away without distraction.

Now if only I could write those ideas down without disturbing the mood of the room. Having a successful naptime each day is on the list, right?

I need to type up a few weeks worth of curriculum planning for the preschool. My class is going to the pumpkin patch soon. We will weigh and measure different sizes of pumpkins while at the patch, but the possibilities are endless regarding the activities back in the classroom. Gotta write down all that armchair brainstorming before it wanders off.

Lots of fall closure things to accomplish. Cleaning the fish tank is huge. A huge job and a huge priority. Calling for a chimney sweep is right up there also. Our house is just a rental so I can pretend like I don't see the ugly walls crying out for new paint. I oiled the cupboards and front door; I really wish I could repaint those as well. Some firewood has been dropped off, now it needs to be stacked. The chicken coop never got repainted, but it needs cleaning again. And then there is the dilemma with the lone duck. Should we keep her or eat her?

North's final tuition payment is coming due and I also need to change our health insurance plans. North and Skyler have a dentist appointment scheduled for next month, and the dogs and cats are now current on their vaccines. Yikes, how do families with with multiple kids and animals keep up? I need to be like my grandma and designate a medical month for all upkeep appointments.

I accept that I am a detailed person, but I am not an organized person. I stray, I wander. The bills get paid on time but not always on the exact day as the month prior. My children are well-fed, but their clothes are often wrinkly. I hate feeling as though I am doing sometime at the last minute, yet find myself procrastinating yet again.

Self -discipline is hard.