Thursday, March 11, 2010

North-ism

Today, North was eating a piece of cheese as he, Sky and I drove into the hills to visit some friends for the afternoon. After the visit, he found a chunk in his carseat as we were loading up. He asked if he could eat it; I said "sure, but let me break off the crunchy hard parts." I did and then tossed the pieces into the forest. As we were driving away, I could hear the wheels turning in his head.

He said, "Mama, you threw two pieces of cheese into the forest".

Me: "I did."

He thinks for a minute. " I think the mice will eat up the cheese in the forest."

Me: "I am sure they will enjoy the cheese very much."

North thinks again. "But first they have to wake up."

So who told him that some mice are nocturnal?



I finished the book, "Siblings without Rivalry" and am now starting "How to talk so your kids will listen and how to listen so your kids will talk." I love the ideas and the writing style of the authors. These books are great assets to my parenting library.