Monday, September 14, 2009

Well Baby check-up tomorrow

Tomorrow I take both kids in for a Well Baby check-up. It is nice that I was able to schedule both a two year and a two month visit for the same day. North walks pigeon toed, so I will be asking about that. Sky seems to still be perfect. I hope the doctor doesn't try to convince me otherwise! North will not be getting any shots, Sky will be getting two (if the doctor has the right brand of rotovirus).

I finished writing up Sky's vaccine schedule. His is a bit different from North's mainly because I hadn't done as much research when we started taking North in for his shots. Then once I decided on a course of action, I didn't want to interrupt the series of shots he had already started. So now we are back on track.

This is North's schedule:

North Darwin
DOB: 9-07

2 months- 11 months ( AAP schedule)
Polio
DTaP
HiB
PCV

12 months:
No - MMR, Chicken Pox, Hep A

18 months:
Yes - PCV (#4) and Polio (#3)

2, 3, 4 years:
No - flu

5 years:
Yes - Tetanus booster, Polio (#4)
No - DTap (#5), flu, chicken pox, MMR

Preteen:
Hep B
If no immunity is present for measles, mumps, rubella, chicken pox or Hep A, will consider giving spaced vaccines.

And this is Sky's:

Skyler Lyric
DOB: 7-09


2 months of age: DTaP, rotavirus (Rotateq?)

4 months of age: DTaP, rotavirus

6 months of age: DTaP, rotavirus

Tetanus booster when applicable,
Wait on MMR and Chicken pox vacs.
If no immunity from these diseases present by 10 years of age, then give spaced vaccines
Give Hep B at this time

The tricky part comes in if we take the kids to countries in which certain diseases are more common. In that instance, I would continue to selectively vaccinate based upon where we are going and what material was in a particular vaccine brand. But seeing as how I still haven't really left this great country of USA (37th in global health coverage), I don't feel to worried about it right now. In the meantime I will keep good notes and keep up on the information out there.