Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tomorrow is a Big Day

Reed has left me.

He went off to another town to play in the ocean and be wild. (well...he IS with his dad so I guess at least they will be in bed by 7:30 pm! )

April 1st is the beginning of my widow-hood. Reed has been so excited about Abalone season starting back up and then with the spear-fishing season, and the salmon and tuna seasons (all done within cell phone range of course, he must not miss the birth of his second baby!), and then culminating with (drum roll here....) ARCHERY AND RIFLE SEASON. Does anyone else think North might start calling the meter reader "Dad"?

I am just teasing of course. Reed does so love all his outdoor adventures. I also happen to love all the seafood in our kitchen ( ...must stock up on Clorox wipes) and I love to accompany him on the more accessible outings. We live in such a beautiful environment with such a diversity of life.

Some days, I get caught up in the playgroup/Target excursions and later come to realize that my and North's only outside exercise was going out to the dog park. Which is still fun, but doesn't compare to camping at the beach and eating fresh abalone, or visiting other diving fools, I mean friends, while in Fort Bragg. Reed's desire to be moving and/or swimming is very motivating for our family.

On that note however, North and I are not accompanying Reed on this particular dive trip. He is gone tonight and North is a bit confused. He keeping asking for his "Dada?". I have been telling him that Daddy is swimming and looking for Big Fish and Big Shells. Both of those ideas have been all that Reed and North talk about lately, so I think North is able to understand what Reed is up to.