Sunday, January 18, 2009

Right now

Right now I am sitting by a sunny window listening to the "We are One" concert in Washington, D.C. North is napping and I have eaten lunch. All is well when you have inspirational music, speeches and sunshine on your toes.



North, Hayley and I had a pancake breakfast at a local grange this morning. Earlier, I dropped Reed off at a bridge at dawn for a solo fishing trip. He was taking the inflatable kayak out for a day's float down the river.


This isn't a picture of Reed, I will have to wait until he gets home for his pictures. We found our kayak when we were at an inland river a few summers ago. We had hiked pretty far up the river away from other people when we saw an orange inflatable boat stuck on the grass. I guess someone had got dumped out upstream. We asked the few people we saw as we headed back to our car, but were not able to find the original owners. I hope they were ok.

Recycle, reuse!