Wednesday, December 15, 2010

An outing

Chores done and time for an outing!
Unfortunately I lost half of my group during the drive to the beach. The dogs were all, "why are we just sitting here, watching the surfers? Let's go!"

So I let them out of the car. And my two dogs became fast friends with all the dogs around. Bruin can be a bit embarrassing in public, however. He has a bit of an attraction to male dogs. The first chance he gets, he is up on them. He always does it out of my voice range and it does fluster me, so the behavior hasn't been corrected properly. We need the dog whisper!
Or more leash usage.

North finally woke up and started playing in the dunes. He didn't like the grass brushing up on him as we walked through the more narrower of the trails. But we pretended that we were a train as he held onto my waist and shut his eyes. It helped.

Untitled from Trisha Sand on Vimeo.




This is the best shot of Skyler from the day. I wonder if other parents have these photo struggles? On our last beach adventure, North was the one with all the bad shots. I don't know if it was his clothing colors contrasting with the ocean light, but I couldn't get anything that I liked.


Lots of sand and and a slope. Who needs a toy box?


Photo caption: Recharging. Or Car stretches. Take your pick.

Following our beach adventure, we went over to a former family of my preschool's house (what a decriptive phrase!) to watch the Lighted Trucker's Parade. The family throws a party every year and we will definitely be going back in the years to come.

Eureka Trucker Parade 2010 from Trisha Sand on Vimeo.




North learned very quickly to cover his ears with each trucks' approach. Each parade entry tried to outdo the previous truck by honking "Jingle Bells" even louder. Next year, we will bring earmuffs!

A few days prior after coming home from his own adventure, Reed brought home chantrelle mushrooms for our dinner. Most delicious.



Lots of mushrooms and butter.
We ate a little bit with white beans, chicken, rosemary and garlic. The majority of the pot went into freezer bags. Mushroom season can be too short unless you know how to freeze the harvest!