Sunday, November 14, 2010

Messy art

While researching for projects to do with my preschool class, I had an epiphany. I was a typical parent of a preschooler! I have been taking the easy way out when the boys and I did projects at home. Totally confined to the kitchen and the table, some exploration, but CERTAINLY not messy.

What kind of teacher am I anyway? Messy projects are the best way to learn!

So in appreciation of a sunny autumn day, North, Skyler and I took our art outside.


We painted the plastic climber. We also painted different sized balls and rolled them down the slide.


Skyler chased the chickens for awhile.

North discovered what water does to paper plates.

The idea with the cake pan was to hold the homemade bubble solution, but the boys decided that they would rather mix paint into it.

Painting/bubble play on a November afternoon from Trisha Sand on Vimeo.



Can cleaning up can be just as much fun as the creating? It is just as important...

One last project before bathtime.

This week my preschoolers from Woodside will mix glue and shaving cream as well as drop vinegar into a sensory table of baking soda. Bring on the messy clothes!