Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Redwood Wedding, A Bay-side Reception

North rather liked the bubbles at the end of the wedding ceremony. He patiently waited throughout the vows before blowing them (granted the tube was hidden in Reed's pocket. It made the waiting easier, being out of sight! )


We all liked the dancing at the reception. North didn't understand why we had to stop when it was time for the money dance. I asked him if he wanted to dance with the bride, he said yes so Reed gave him some money and off he went. What a funny concept the money dance is: I can't say I am totally cool with it.


After a bit more dancing, it was time to cool off on the deck.


It was late, but the kids kept going! I think they would have danced until they crashed, but I don't parent like that. We leave (or try to, most times) before the melt-down no matter how much fun the adults are having. Maybe one day we will get to stay out past dark!