Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Letter home

My love,

The boys had a great day. After Sky's morning nap, we headed over to Nana's to pick cherrys. North just flies up the ladder and disappears into the leaves and branches. Sky has developed a love of cherries as well, but he still has not pooped (its been two days) so if those cherries haven't worked their magic by tomorrow, then I am off to the store for some prune juice.

After eating cherries, we walked to the park and then to a nearby kids thrift store. Mom was worried that Sky would be developmentally delayed if he didn't have a push-walker like he does at home, so we found one that he can use here in the valley. The toy converts into a little riding car, so I think we will be using it for awhile. We walked back to Nana's, the boys ate lunch and napped. Deecee and I snuck away to get pedicures. While we were gone, Sky woke up after 40 minutes and North slept over two hours. It is nice with the second child; I don't worry that they (and myself) are going to be crazy for life, I can see the bigger picture of one countinous series of phases.

It started to rain. North and Deecee made a paper frog and listened to books on tape. Sky alternated between playing and frantically following me around the house whenever I stood up. (Some days, I swear that kid is more moody then North!)

We ate Quedoba for dinner then packed up to go back to Mom's house. Sky went to bed while North ate a snack of strawberries (sad strawberries) and milk (happy milk). North is now sleeping in the big bed because the little cozy bed makes him nervous. Whatever.

Tomorrow I hope that the rain stops because we have plans to go to the lavender/herb farm. I guess the farm can wait, but as it is Mom's last day off work it would be nice to do that with her.

I am having a great time, but am looking forward to our time together again. While viisiting is very nice, it also makes me so appreciative of the space you and I have together up north. I am very grateful.

With love,
Trisha