Monday, November 23, 2009

Swim time

This weekend, the kids and I traveled to Ft. Bragg to see some friends and celebrate their son's 5th birthday. The party was held at the recently completed Aquatic Center.

Although there were many friends in the water with their own kids, I felt that I needed to stay ashore with Sky as he watched the action from his stroller. And as long as he had a strap to chew on, Sky was happy!


The pool was amazing. It had a large, shallow area with fountains and sprinklers for the little kids to play with. A regular 4-5ft shallow section linked into a "lazy river" moving current, complete with inner tubes. In addition to a lap area and a deep diving section, a huge tube slide made the whole set up complete!

North had a great time. My friends helped out by taking North out into the deeper water to swim in. When they weren't with him, I had to keep convincing him not to venture back into the deep water. As I didn't go in the water, I felt a bit stretched when he decided to be adventurous. After 45 minutes, I couldn't take it anymore and made him get out. Luckily it was cake and ice cream time.


We drove home right after the party. It is a three hour drive, but who could complain when the ocean parallels the highway? It is such a beautiful coastline.

Farewell ocean! (for the next two hours until the road winds back to the coast) I love living near the ocean. I don't think I could move away from all the energy.