Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My computer is back!

As I had a few pictures on the camera that needed to be downloaded; I posted a few to recap our past two weeks.

North and Reed are often in the field looking for grasshoppers. One day, they came inside to get sewing thread. The result: a grasshopper on a string. My only contribution was to remind North not to drag the poor bug around. North had fun watching the "hopper on a leash" until a chicken took advantage of the situation and ate the bug. The poor kid screamed when his pet was taken. I think he looks at the birds with different eyes now.


Sky: Two months and 12 pounds!


CSA week 16 harvest: 14 different veggies plus 10 stems of flowers. New this week were cilantro and lemon cucumbers. I ate the cherry tomatoes as if they were candy. The taste was so fresh.


Sky in the sling: "who disturbs my snack?"


He is also big enough for a structured carrier now. This is a Beco butterfly. It fits very well across the shoulders and hips. The carrier has a built in insert that allows for me to trade the carrier with Reed without taking the baby out. Very handy.


I took a few pictures of North and Sky out in the garden.


They look as if they are trading secrets.