Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The pictures that were to be posted on Tuesday evening

In the last few days we have been:



Visiting Eddy's farm to pick up veggies

Cooking with the fresh food (best meal so far, fish tacos with Eddy's purple cabbage)

Hanging out on the bed in the living room.

The baby and I will use this space to rest after the birth. I don't want to be locked away in the bedroom upstairs and I think that having easily accessible resting space makes for a happy newborn and mama.


Mom and I toured a beautiful rose garden/nursery.


This (Tuesday) evening, we bought sandwiches and had a picnic by the river.


Reed and North ventured in for a little swimming.

So sitting on the rocks, I thought to myself, " I am really uncomfortable, I wish I had a lawn chair". But then I dismissed the thought because the whole idea of going to the river that evening was to not be grumpy!

Post updated (July 19th): After the river, we went home, cleaned up and I downloaded pictures. I put North down to sleep for the night and the first contraction hit me. But I really didn't believe I could be starting labor. I truly thought that my waters breaking would be the first sign. I sat down to write this post and the contractions kept coming. Finally, I went to find Reed so he could time them more accurately for me. Labor had started!