Wednesday, December 3, 2008

What we have been doing around here

North has been practicing his bike riding skills. Watching him "help" Daddy put the bike together was hilarious. He was right beside Reed from start to finish, moving the tools as soon as they were put on the table. I think North might have enjoyed the construction process as much as he enjoys the finished product!


North likes to eat his fruit peeled and whole. The dogs don't like the leftovers, but the chickens do!


Last Saturday promised 20 foot swells, so we had to take a look.


Misc:
I have been feeling very tired and grumpy. Reed is trying his best to stay positive, but maybe he is wishing I was still on a family visit!?
We are both trying to encourage North to be more consistent with his eating. North seems to enjoy eating, he just doesn't appear to eat very much at a time, going for long stretches between snacks/meals. I feel confident that our nursing is rounding out his caloric and nutritional needs; I have never doubted the wisdom of nursing through toddlerhood. However, I just don't feel like my own body is getting enough itself to stay in a peppy mood.
To make matters worse, I can never remember to take vitamins when I feel tired (which would help me feel so much stronger). I am trying to remind myself that this phase will not last for much longer. I just need to get through the next month or so. But how to stay cheery when a person is feeding for three on an appetite that is minimal? Augh.